Position Title: International Development Manager
Reports to: Development Director
Education or Certification Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Experience Requirements: Minimum 7 years-experience in non-profit development
Flexible, adaptable, results-oriented, highly organized, self-starter, creative, quick learner, positive attitude, proven team player and leader.
Responsible for working closely with the Director to manage and execute fund-raising priorities as well as manage, motivate and empower development officers to reach their fundraising goals. In addition, this position helps manage the individual/major donor budget, manages administrative and donor data needs and staff, recommends fundraising goals for assigned campaigns, oversees the writing/editing of fundraising and/or marketing materials and the development of other supporting materials for specific individual donor fundraising activities. Partners closely with the Director to provide support in the areas of major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving, direct mail, monthly giving, event fundraising and community engagement through churches, organizations and schools. Manage a portfolio of select major donors and act as primary relationship manager to these individuals through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Extensive experience in Christian-based fundraising.
- The ability to comprehend and effectively communicate Cross’ mission to donors.
- Ability to be an effective supervisor, team member & motivator.
- Proven ability to create and manage budgets.
- Proven success in fundraising, strategic planning and execution of major gifts campaigns.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative in effectively communicating Cross’ major donor projects and goals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and resolve problems quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English, as well as Superior interpersonal, organizational and motivational skills.
- Familiarity with donor/customer database management and online fundraising tools is required. Strong technical skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, is strongly desired.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for Cross meetings, individual donor visits and events, vision and mission trips etc. as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities (70%):
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategic long-term fund-raising plan, as well as execution of annual goals.
- Priority areas: enhancing major gifts, growing the mission partners/sustainers, increasing donor engagement with personalized fundraising guidance and support.
- Manage individual donor/major donor budget including revenue projections and expense management to meet net revenue goals. Compile needs of team and incorporate as part of budget development.
- Lead, manage, support and evaluate fundraising team. Participate in the establishment and evaluations of their annual goals and performance. Monitoring of performance on a continual basis, manage key campaign calling time frame and analyze officer statistics to determine support needs and success of individual officers.
- Partner with Director to determine marketing strategy, manage the review and editing of proposal materials and major campaigns and other marketing materials. Assist with the coordination of design, printing and fulfillment of marketing and campaign materials for our development efforts.
- Manage administrative and donor data team and identify /evaluate process improvement areas for handling of donor data and cultivating donor relationships. Implement new protocol through training and compliance monitoring.
- Assist Director to develop and implement programs for major and special gifts staff professional development, process documentation and improvement, and progress tracking.
- Work closely with other fundraising staff to ensure effective coordination of effort with their programs and to reinforce the prospect relationship continuum.
- Monitor and analyze donor trends and needs as observed and reported by officers and provide feedback to Director and Senior Cross Staff.
- Keep the fundraising team up-to-date on donor priorities and ensure that new funding opportunities and goals are shared with team in a timely manner.
- Represent the department in staff and other meetings as necessary.
- Take on additional tasks as directed by the Director and spearhead special projects as assigned.
Fundraising Responsibilities (30%):
- Manage the identification, evaluation, and cultivation of major gift prospects, and assist in the stewardship plan of donors.
- Responsible for the cultivation and management of select major donors with the goal of increasing financial support through regular communications.
- Partner with fundraising team in managing key donor relations and facilitate resources needed to secure and steward sizable gifts.
- Meet or exceed the expected level of donor activity each week and month, i.e., number of calls, asks, personal correspondence, etc.
- Achieve personal annual revenue goals and assist in meeting departmental goals.
- Uphold established department protocols related to donor records, including documenting interactions with major donors.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossInternational.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross International is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.