Position Title: Development Donor Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Vice President of Advancement (Executive Assistant in interim)
Under the direction of the Vice President of Advancement, the Development Donor Administrative Assistant provides superior administrative support and project coordination to the VP of Advancement and Development team to ensure the highly efficient functioning of the department and its related activities. The Administrative Assistant is customer service oriented, detail-oriented and possesses a high level of acumen with donor and gift data.
The Administrative Assistant will have a strong personal spiritual commitment that aligns with the Cross International Mission, Vision, and Values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Experience in Christian-based fundraising; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Cross.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Have a high degree of computer and software literacy – to include competence in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, file management, e-mail and the internet (e.g. Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat Pro).
- Database experience required – Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, including answering incoming calls from internal staff as well as donors and strong proof reading and keen editing skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Possess the ability to manage and prioritize multiple task simultaneous and problem solve quickly.
- Ability to organize work with meticulous attention to details and accuracy.
- Familiarity with working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work well with team, donors and volunteers.
- Provide excellent executive administrative services to the Vice President of Advancement and Development teams.
- Field incoming donor calls and provide excellent customer service to respond to varying needs of callers.
- Responsible for providing professional administrative support to ensure department operates in an organized, efficient and professional manner.
- Supports all activities needed for donor engagement, including campaigns, events and meetings.
- Recruit, manage volunteers and contractors for assigned special activities, events, and programs.
- Assist with special projects, staff recruiting, onboarding, development, recognition, training and other general office tasks as well as supporting other administrative assistants as necessary.
- Assist as needed with audio-visual support for meetings, events, presentations, etc. and design simple printed materials.
- Be cross-trained to provide coverage for other colleagues if necessary, including data support within the CRM.
- Support the administration of system integrity and quality control by monitoring data entry and database for inaccurate data to eliminate duplicates and inaccuracies.
- Conduct preliminary research and compose profiles on specific individuals, corporations and foundations regarding financial assets, potential for philanthropic support, areas of interest and other organization affiliations.
- Make travel arrangements and submit completed paperwork to the Finance Office for processing.
- Maintain campaign marketing samples and corporate records for the department.
- Monitor campaign and department supply inventory and orders office supplies as necessary.
- Prepare reports, letters and correspondence for donors, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Take minutes for meetings and share with other stakeholders as needed.
- Manage documents and records as assigned, including incoming and outgoing communication (can include emails, correspondence, appointments and phone calls).
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, including set-up and preparation of reports, agendas, minutes and presentations for meetings.
- Assist with database management and information retrieval.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Education or Certification Requirements:
- High School diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Working in a marketing oriented environment preferred.
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossInternational.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross International is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.